Vending Machine Comission Problem

The subject of vending machine comissions is always a problem for both new and experienced operators. Unfortunately there really isn't any easy answer to the question. Typically I only pay comissions to "Bulk Candy" locations and usually NEVER pay comissions on "Snack/Soda" locations. T his is due to profit calculations - being that bulk candy has a greater margin than snack or sodas.

Here is the problem I run into though. About this time of year (i.e. the holiday spending season) many location owners are low on cash. They sit and stare at my machine all day thinking about how the comission money in the will solve their problem. They dream and hope that it'll be a "good comission" this month. Of course when I get there and the comission isn't as high as they hoped they get mad at me - the vending guy. If the consequences weren't so dire to my business (they may kick me out hoping to get a "better" machine) the situation would be comical. I mean why get made at me? I'm not the one who spent too much money during the holiday.

Anyway because of this recurring problem I've developed a few placement strategies you should implement and follow. I prefer to use a charity system (local charities only), and perfer corporate locations were the money goes into an "employee party fund", and above all I avoid locations if the owners are constantly telling me stories of financial woe.

Comments